Everybody is familiar with chocolate and butter cake, either made in zebra style or marbled style It goes well along with a cup of coffee or tea. If you like can do chocolate glaze or ganache for more rich taste & look.
Making of this beautiful zebra cake is pretty similar to butter cake. The zebra style you will get from the way you pour the batter to the baking pan.
- Butter – 250g
- Sugar – 250g
- All purpose flour – 250g
- Egg – 5 (If your using bit large eggs use only 4 eggs)
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 2 tsp
- Cocoa Powder – 2-3 tbsp
- Milk –1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 185 C & line a baking pan with greased baking sheet
- Beat the butter & sugar until creamy for about 5 min
- Add egg one by one & beat well
- Add vanilla essence & beat well
- Add the sifted all purpose flour & baking powder little by little & beat in low speed until all get combined.
- Add about 1/4 cup of milk & stir well until combines or beat in low speed
- Divide the batter in to two.
- In a separate bowl sieve well the cocoa powder & stir well by adding the milk (about 1/4 cup milk. adjust according to cocoa powder amount)
- You can add about 2-3 table spoon of cocoa powder based on your cocoa content requirement
- Add this cocoa mixture to the divided one part of cake batter & stir well until the cocoa mixture incorporate to the batter
- Use one tablespoon (or can use a bit bigger spoon) from each batter to create the layers of batter on the prepared pan.
- Begin from the middle of the pan, take one spoon of white batter and pour it in the middle. then on top of white batter add a spoon of chocolate batter and repeat this process until all batter has been used.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes on a cooling rack
- Serve as it is or can do icing as per your wish