Langues de chat / Wine Biscuit / Cat’s Tongue Biscuits
Langues de Chat are French cookies called also Cat Tongues. These are crispy & yummy cookies loved by kids to adults everyone. In Sri lanka & India It’s called as wine biscuit. Egg whites are beaten until stiff and folded into butter, sugar, and all purpose flour & then the mixture is piped in to thin circles & baked until the edges are golden brown.
- Butter – 60g
- Sugar – 60g
- All purpose flour – 60g
- Egg Whites – 2
- Vanilla Extract – 1/4 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and line a baking pan with greased baking sheet
- Beat the butter until it’s creamy in a bowl
- Add sugar & beat well until the mixture turns soft & fluffy and pale in color
- Now beat in vanilla extract & egg whites
- Add flour & fold it until all get combines well
- Spoon the batter to piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle
- Piper the batter to greased baking sheet as circle or single line.
- When piping make sure in between two biscuits there is a good distance since each biscuit will spread as they cook
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye after 5 minutes
- Once done remove from the oven & leave it to cool completely.
- Once cooled store in an air tight container